Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

13 month old won't nap anymore

(4 Posts)
Flissity83 Wed 26-Nov-14 14:58:57

About 2 months ago he went from 2 naps to 1. Now I can't get him to have 1. He shows all the signs if being tired and will sleep in the car/buggy but as soon as I put him down here he just cries and cries till I give in. Please tell me it's just a phase. I'm not ready for the naps to go.

VertdeTerre Wed 26-Nov-14 17:09:32

DS did this at around the same age and it was just a phase smile I wore out my shoe leather pounding the streets with the buggy for a couple of weeks.

I think I broke the pattern by getting him to sleep in the buggy, then coming home immediately and either letting him sleep in the buggy or (if I thought he was deeply enough asleep) lifting him into his cot. I wanted to break the association of motion with sleep IYSWIM. I think I also moved his nap forward a bit as dropping the morning nap made 1-2pm too long after waking. He started going down around 12ish (which does mean moving lunch too) and so he wasn't overtired. I also made more of a nap routine (quiet time, story, pjs) as I think he need to wind down a bit if we'd had a busy morning. He ended up going back to sleeping for 2hrs, and has only just started properly dropping his nap at 2.8. Good luck!

Mrsgrumble Wed 26-Nov-14 17:23:30

Hi op, my DS is 14 months. He wouldn't nap for a while so I changed things around and gave hm a good big dinner at twelve, then drink and nappy and put him in the cot. Think he was so full and content he started to sleep. Only just under an hour though. So now I have moved nap to half one and he sleeps longer, but only in the past month.

As they get more active they get more tired. Is your little man on the move yet (creeping or cruising or walking?) it might sort itself once be starts tiring himself out more.

Flissity83 Thu 27-Nov-14 06:53:54

Thank you ladies. We have been a bit all over the place recently so maybe he needs more of a routine than I thought. He ended up falling asleep on me yesterday which is in heard of so I knew he was tired. I will try the big earlier lunch thing and a nap wind down. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now