Talk

Advanced search

2 year old crying/having tantrum every time another child cries

(3 Posts)
Acunningruse Wed 26-Nov-14 13:00:01

Ever since DS was born he has been a 'sympathy crier', as in he would cry every time he heard another baby cry. I think this must have lessened for a time but just recently has become worse. if he hears another child even mildly whingy or beginning to cry, he will throw himself on the floor in a fit of tears. I am genuinely unsure if he's doing it for attention or not, as he seems genuinely upset-real tears, heart pounding and gets very hot.
It is becoming very wearing as every occasion with other children results in him throwing himself on the floor every time someone else cries. We have a close antenatal group we see every couple of weeks so its not as if he doesn't know the children. Nursery say he does it there as well even though he is very happy and well settled there.
any ideas what to do about this? Anyone else's child done this, did they grow out of it?
Thanks

Acunningruse Wed 26-Nov-14 13:05:03

I should have said he is very outgoing, independent and sociable in every other way. he will literally be running around having a lovely time until he hears someone cry.

Acunningruse Thu 27-Nov-14 09:02:03

Hopeful bump, unless I'm the only one with this problem?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now