Talk

Advanced search

Separation Anxiety in 20 month old?

(1 Post)
TwoToFive Sun 23-Nov-14 21:03:51

My 20 month old DD has been such hard work recently. She's so clingy! If I'm not holding her she screams & screams (really desperate, scared screaming) and she will just not calm down until I pick her up. I'm finding it so hard to do everyday things- making dinner, washing hands, getting dressed etc. She has a twin sister who isn't like this at all (but she almost gets neglected as the clingy twin never lets her get a look in - they won't share cuddles). I also have a 3yo, who was also a clingy baby, but I don't remember it being as bad as this.

The only thing is she's not like this all day long. I do get 10 mins here and there where she will go and play with her sisters. She also goes to bed no problem. Does this sound like separation anxiety? I thought she wasn't feeling well at first, but now we're 4 weeks in and she doesn't seem to be getting any better. I also thought it could be hunger as she's a lot better straight after a meal. However she's a very fussy eater so that's also another battle.

Does anyone have any tips? I'm finding it so hard and I feel it's not fair on my other two. I dread her being awake at the moment!!

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now