Talk

Advanced search

Quiet time?

(4 Posts)
slightlyconfused85 Sat 22-Nov-14 15:26:15

My DD is just 2 and won't nap at home (sob). I would like to have a quiet hour but no idea how to I still this. TV is the only time she is quiet! Any ideas? TIA

AdorableAbbie Sat 22-Nov-14 20:00:45

How about trying her to teach some arts, like cutting shapes and let her imagine what she wants to do using your art materials.

UniS Sat 22-Nov-14 20:04:28

Story CD while she snuggles under a blanket on the sofa? Worked for DS after he stopped napping.

NorthEasterlyGale Sun 23-Nov-14 11:42:46

My DS1 is nearly 2.6 and although he still naps most days, he combines this with some quiet time. Our routine is similar to bedtime: pyjamas, clean teeth, into his room, set his Gro Clock for two hours time, kiss and cuddle if he wants it and I leave him to it - he stays in his room playing with blocks, looking out the window, 'reading' or dozing as he wants until the sun come up on his clock. Actually, even when he says he's not tired, he'll often play for a while and then have a doze once he's wound down; think the quiet time feeds the nap time, if you see what I mean!

This has been his routine for some months, even before we got the Gro Clock, but I do think the Gro Clock helps as it gives him a concept of time in a way he can understand. Maybe that would help with your DD and you could gradually build up the time she does things on her own using the nap timer on the clock?

To be honest, I'm very lucky - DS1 is both sociable and happy to be on his own, so being able to do this while DS2 (9 months) naps too is a lifesaver for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now