Talk

Advanced search

Angry 4 year old

(4 Posts)
combtracksinmyfringe Sat 22-Nov-14 15:22:28

The rage displayed by my 4 yo is scaring me to death and I don't know how to manage it. Asked for parenting course but none in area. There is no rhyme or reason, she is fine at school. Just put her in time out and she flipped her lid. What can we try? Rewards, stickers, praise, don't seem to matter when she's in a temper. Help!

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Sat 22-Nov-14 20:45:36

My 6 year old has always been volatile and single minded. I find that time out is ineffective and she doesn't care about stickers...in all honesty why would any child care about stickers on a chart?

A good solution can be a pebble jar....when she's filled the jar she gets a treat. I never take pebbles away for bad behaviour but rather just offer them for good.

I watch my DDs diet like a hawk as she responds very badly to sugar...sends her loopy....as do processed foods in general like shop bought cakes, pies and other crap.

combtracksinmyfringe Sun 23-Nov-14 08:48:33

Haha I know! Stickers - wtf grin but the rest of the world seems obsessed with sticker charts!
She has a special picture in her room with a little laminated her and she gets to the top with god behaviour then we have a treat eg lunch out, cinema.

What do you do instead of time out? She hit her brother yesterday and I feel like I have to be seen to do something with that sort of thing. (Time out and stickers work on him!)

combtracksinmyfringe Sun 23-Nov-14 08:49:13

Good behaviour even!

Interesting about diet. Might have a tweak...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now