Talk

Advanced search

3-year-old not sleeping and keeping sister awake

(10 Posts)
BathshebaDarkstone Sat 22-Nov-14 08:05:07

DS3 goes to bed at 5.30 and stays awake until 8 - 8.35, keeping DD7 awake, he then wakes up before 6 and wakes her up. It's started a cycle of him crashing out at 2pm in the buggy, or once on the tv room floor, when we go to pick up DD. Help! sad

ilovepowerhoop Sat 22-Nov-14 08:08:47

why is he going to bed at 5.30pm? it very early. You'd be better keeping him up later until he is tired.

BathshebaDarkstone Sun 23-Nov-14 07:53:51

He was crashing out mega early before this latest development, have put his bedtime back an hour already, could put it back another hour, don't know how DD would feel about going to bed first. Will try it during the week, bedtime's a bit slapdash on a Sunday when we've been out. smile

DeadCert Sun 23-Nov-14 07:55:18

He was going to be at 4:30pm? That's crazy!

Maybe he still needs a daytime sleep? My son is 3.6 and he still has one.

DeadCert Sun 23-Nov-14 07:55:46

And why is your 7 year old going to be so early too?

SweepTheHalls Sun 23-Nov-14 07:59:43

I would suggest 6.30 bedtime for the 3 year old and 7.30for the 7year old. I'm not surprised he Isn't sleeping with that bedtime!

BathshebaDarkstone Sun 23-Nov-14 08:03:21

Yeah I know he still needs a daytime sleep, I can't get him to have one until he crashes out through sheer exhaustion around 2pm. DD actually goes to bed at about 6.15, she does reading, spelling and homework before bed in our room away from DS, she's always needed about an hour to sing to herself before she goes to sleep. She's tired all the time so we're juggling her bedtime too. smile

BathshebaDarkstone Sun 23-Nov-14 08:07:57

As I said it's a recent development, we had to bring his bedtime forward when he gave up naps. DS needs about 14 hours sleep, DD needs about 11. It's a lot, but it's what we've observed. Maybe it's genetic? confused

BathshebaDarkstone Sun 23-Nov-14 08:14:29

Can I just say: I love Mumsnet! It's great that we're all here to advise each other. flowersOkay, gushing over! grin

BathshebaDarkstone Mon 24-Nov-14 21:17:01

OFFS he's still awake!shockI want to go to bed with MN!sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now