Talk

Advanced search

tummy time

(3 Posts)
standrin123 Wed 19-Nov-14 11:58:03

My 5 month old constantly rolls from his back to his tummy but then gets stuck and cries. Ive tried encouraging him to roll back with toys, his fave waybaloo cartoon, noises, ive tried showing him how to do it by moving his arms and legs for him. im not sure wat else to try! He used to be a peaceful sleeper but now he rolls during his sleep and wakes up uncomfortable and cries. Soon as i roll him back he does it again. Its important he learns as fast as possible as im really concerned that one night i wont hear him n he cud sufficate!! Any advice for a first time (very sleepy) mommy wud be much appreciated :-)

Rockchick1984 Wed 19-Nov-14 23:46:06

It's normal - he'll just learn not to do it / how to get back the other way smile

tomatoandcheese2009 Sat 22-Nov-14 07:50:30

If you are concerned about him rolling at night, try kind of propping him in place with a rolled up blanket on either side (making sure they come to below head level). This has worked to stop our DS maneuvering himself into a sideways position in the cot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now