Talk

Advanced search

DS1 age 4 is CONSTANTLY moaning about EVERYTHING! At end of tether HELP!?

(3 Posts)
JoFo222 Mon 17-Nov-14 20:16:04

New to posting anything but I'm beyond despair with parenting. I have DS1 age 4 and DS2 age 16 months. My eldest has just started school but has been negative about everything for a really long time! He just moans, screams, shouts "I'm not happy about that" and "I'm not happy with you" ALL THE TIME! Even if it's at a suggestion of nice things such as friends coming to play, he just doesn't have positive emotions hardly ever. The only time he is happy is when he is in complete control of a situation AND is talking AT you AND he is getting full agreement form you AND has 100% attention AND I have to understand him first time otherwise he get immediately frustrated! I'm so drained and it's having a huge negative effect on my younger baby who is really happy baby. Anyone who has a situation like this or can help, I'm desperate for some sort of way of dealing with this!? I'm feeling so low and like I'm a failed mum and wondering if I should return to work to get some sort of break from the situation!!!

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Mon 17-Nov-14 21:05:05

"I'm not happy with you." seems a very adult phrase. Is he picking it up from you or his Dad or maybe someone else?

How is he doing at school? Socially? Academically?

JoFo222 Tue 18-Nov-14 22:54:42

Yes DS1 is a bit of a parrot /mimic and a lot of what he says is copied phrases. Also though his vocabulary is very adult for a child probably for the same reason. He seems to create his vocabulary based on his peers and this worries me cos he doesn't often play like a child at all! Is this a first child thing or is it more high functioning aspergers trait!? I do wonder cos his cousins are diagnosed HFA....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now