Talk

Advanced search

16 month old temper tantrums, screaming and biting.

(4 Posts)
Racheyg Mon 17-Nov-14 13:25:38

Hi There,
I have a 16 month old boy and he is very active and needs constant entertainment. Recently he has started getting angry when he cant do things screams at the tops of his lungs and throws his toys. please tell me its development frustration and he will grow out of it. He cannot talk yet so I think he may be better once he can communicate better with us?

on another note when he gets excited he bites, how can we stop this?

jimblejambles Mon 17-Nov-14 13:39:12

No advice I am afraid but just to let you know you are not alone.My 18 month old dd is the queen of tantrums. If we say no to her, stop her climbing, stop her being mean to her big brothers or trying to pick the cat up all get a tantrum of epic proportions.

Distraction doesn't work but as you said hopefully when she can talk it will help.

Gurraun Sat 22-Nov-14 17:56:28

Hope so, mine does it too! I am sure ds1 probably did too but i can't remember (which i hope is an indication that they grow out of it)!

LittleMilla Sat 22-Nov-14 20:18:47

Hello, another to say I'm going through it too with ds2. He's crazed. Challenge I have is that ds1 copies him...so double trouble!

Sincerely hope he grows out of it soon as it's massively testing my patience.

In my experience biting does pass so don't worry. Ds1 was a prolific biter, more so when teething, but it really did pass. Just be consistent and firm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now