Talk

Advanced search

Crying more

(12 Posts)
purpleme12 Wed 05-Nov-14 11:30:04

My 12 month old is crying loads more/whinging more that she used to. She's always been quite a happy baby really (not to say she doesn't cry she does but like at predictable times probably and you knew what she wanted etc) but I don't know why she's crying so much I literally just do not know! She also refusing to go to sleep a lot now too and I've no idea why! Is this just a phase? Surely she can't change this much?

Beanstew Wed 05-Nov-14 22:54:28

My baby changed so much round this time, she's coming up 2 now and I would say the months 12 to 18 were the hardest so far. Like you generally she was quite settled and slept before this. I think they become so much more aware of things and their abilities they are bound to change. She's more settled again especially now she speaks more and can understand things we are trying to explain to her. Hope this might help.

purpleme12 Wed 05-Nov-14 23:40:53

Thank you I just feel like I've no idea what's the matter with her. Whereas before I knew and she cried a normal amount. Oh well I guess we'll see what happens lol

purpleme12 Wed 26-Nov-14 22:31:33

Having trouble accepting she's turned from a pretty laid back almost always happy baby to almost always it seems whining baby for no particular reason still does this happen to babies?

spaghettisue Wed 26-Nov-14 22:56:53

My 13 month old has also been hard to put to sleep recently. He cries in his cot when I put him down for his afternoon nap, whereas previously he would always go off to sleep this way. Now I usually end up tang him for a walk in his pram to get him off.

It's also quite obvious separation anxiety has set in in our house, and he often cries if I go upstairs etc, something that never used to bother him. Could that be why your little one is crying?

Trouble is of course that our little ones can't tell us why they are not happy, and this is the age when the molars are starting to come through, and they are quite painful for many babies.

Hopefully you will find she is much more settled in a couple of weeks.

purpleme12 Wed 26-Nov-14 23:07:58

She's ok at going to sleep at night now although naps are very up and down and yet she clearly still needs a nap in the day. She's very clingy - although I think that's been going on for so long now it's just normal for me now lol so I don't even think of it as clingy. But I mean even when I pick her up which what she wanted she won't necessarily become happy and she used to be happy when she'd got picked up if that was what she wanted.

She has no teeth yet as far as I can tell I can't feel any cutting through the moaniness has now been going for a month and a half where has that happy baby gone? I don't understand is it just a phase or is this really how she'll be?

spaghettisue Wed 26-Nov-14 23:48:32

No, it really will just be a phase!! Don't worry about that. The clinginess will be separation anxiety, and that's a developmental stage which can last a few months but will definitely pass! I know of babies who cry at this age every time their mother leaves the room!

My little boy often wants to be picked up, and once he's up, he's wriggling away, arching his back etc, and I can't comfort him, and so what you said struck a chord with me!

Also babies are affected by teeth a while before we can actually feel them coming through. 12 months is quite old not to have any teeth so she is probably going to get lots coming through in quite a short time. I think it's quite likely she might be having a bit of teething pain.

If your baby had generally been happy, then this will be her temperament. So don't worry, this will pass.

purpleme12 Thu 27-Nov-14 01:22:11

Oh thank you that gives me a bit of comfort sometimes it's so good to know that you're not alone and not the only one going through it isn't it!

AdorableAbbie Fri 28-Nov-14 14:45:14

My niece is also 12month old, and she also cries a lot now, don't know what she wants, and we are having hard time to put her to sleep.

Sandrarodgrs1 Thu 04-Dec-14 20:13:50

Our now 12 month old grandson won't stop crying, he gets attention, food, drink, nappy change etc and we can't figure out what's causing him upset, half the time there are NO tears in his eyes, he's not a cuddly baby and the only time he stops crying is when he has a bottle of milk at bed or nap time, he won't take water, he just screams and screams and some times the screams are that bad that anyone would think he's been hurt, I don't know if it's a bit of Colic or just a noisy screaming child… has anyone else on here had a similar issue and how did you overcome it please?

purpleme12 Thu 04-Dec-14 22:28:59

my baby seems to have stopped whining now and gone back to how she was before! It seems it is just a phase - a long one at at least a month and a half long so perhaps your babies will just have a phase too

Sandrarodgrs1 Thu 04-Dec-14 22:47:38

Gosh It would be great it it only lasted a month or so, he's been like this since he was born, don't know why he does it at all I am at a loss! He will have happy times but the majority of the time he just cries or screams louder nothing you do will passify him when he is like that ��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now