Talk

Advanced search

2.5yo teething molars

(3 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Tue 04-Nov-14 22:45:13

I have been questioning her manic meltdowns lately, teamed with grogginess, streaming nose and bad cough.. Turns out she's cutting her first back molar? (Four teeth left to come through at the back)

How can I help her with the emotional outbursts? She does this awful scream too lately. You'd think I knew all the time considering she's my second daughter! We usually cope great, I just feel sad when she's having an inconsolable moment. And hugs don't work

holeinmyheart Wed 05-Nov-14 12:08:38

Do you think she might be in pain? One of my DDs who is a pharmacist doses her little teether up regularly with Calpol. I haven't dare say anything as I suppose she knows what she is doing. At the least sign of a hissy fit or a red cheek and out comes the Calpol.
'

FoulsomeAndMaggotwise Wed 05-Nov-14 18:27:57

Ah poor thing. Does distraction work? Frozen fruits are really good for chewing on, the cold numbs the gums a bit (plus it helps if she's not eating much because of the discomfort).

There's nothing wrong with calpol, that's what it exists for. My DS is 15 months and has been teething his molars for a while now, we don't hesitate to give him calpol (within the dose guidelines, obviously) if we think he's in pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now