Talk

Advanced search

Have you done a baby massage course?

(9 Posts)
brandnewmummyhere Wed 29-Oct-14 11:39:14

Dd is nearly 5 months now and still a bit unsettled. My friend did a baby massage course with her ds and said it really helped him sleep so I am considering doing one too. Just wondering if anyone else has any experience of this. Thanks.

janx Wed 29-Oct-14 11:40:26

I did one years ago with my dd. she used to fall asleep straight about session. Was good for me too as I felt less stressed

jeee Wed 29-Oct-14 11:42:05

I went to a baby massage with DD1 - she hated it, and screamed all the time. After a few weeks I realised that she and I found baby massage utterly miserable, which rather negated the purpose of going.

PuppyMummy Wed 29-Oct-14 13:05:42

yes! my baby is nearly 5 months, we did a course in August. he enjoyed it and it helped his wind/colic but it hasnt helped him sleep!

I have now dropped it from his bedtime routine because a friend said on the course she went on they were told that some babies find it stimulating rather than relaxing! (he is a terrible sleeper so needs no extra stimulation!)

olivesnutsandcheese Wed 29-Oct-14 18:10:09

I did but I think at 3.5 months DS was too young. He still loves me massaging his legs and feet now though at 2yrs.

However a friend also went and her DS loathed it - they both found it miserable.

So I think it's a little like marmite

eurochick Wed 29-Oct-14 18:11:19

I'm doing one now. My baby is 3 months. She seems to like it but it's mostly something to get me out of the house, tbh.

Lovelydiscusfish Wed 29-Oct-14 19:21:19

I did one when dd was about 4 months. It gave me something to do with her, iyswim - I did keep it up for a while actually. It was quite a nice bonding thing, but I didn't feel it helped her sleep, particularly.

tullibug Thu 30-Oct-14 22:23:15

hello..... in a non biased way...being an infant massage instructor I would totally recommend it.. its a beautiful extra tool to further strengthen your communication with your baby, boost your self esteem and confidence in parenting, aids relaxation, relieves wind-colic - constipation ( great when the parents get a result with this element), the list goes on...
I have applied the techniques on both my children and we still use some of the techniques now for a busy 5 yr old nd speedy, very fidgety 18 month old...

you can do the course with a group or in a private 1:1 session.... do what feels best for you. with all the classes you will learn all the massage strokes, gentle movements (yoga), more understanding about communication cues, and wonderful discussions at the end of the class with a very sleepy and contented baby ( all the babies in my class) are usually asleep by the end of it... hopefully due to the wonderful loving touch applied by parents than my teaching...

every baby is different and some like massage with the loving nurturing touch and other babies do not. if you want to find out more go www.iaimbabymassage.co.uk

x

charmainne16 Fri 23-Jan-15 08:51:48

Hi. Does anyone know or recommend a great channel to subscribe on Youtube that teaches baby massage that would give babies comfort (during night before sleep, if baby is constipated, etc.)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: