Talk

Advanced search

Constant "screamer/whinger/crier"

(12 Posts)
TheJourney22 Sat 13-Sep-14 13:42:27

Just throwing this out there .... Is it normal for my nearly 10 month old DS to be such a whinger/crier??

He needs constant attention! Literally to the point of still taking him to the toilet with me.

I'm worried he is strange? Or there is something wrong.

He's actually known amongst our group as "the screamer/crier/whinger"

He does however, eat & sleep very well.

Have I just got one of those babies??

Please help .... Today is a FUCKING bad day!!!

Chickz Sat 13-Sep-14 15:10:43

Sympathies. I have one of these! I think they are just high maintenance, low tolerance babies. She's 11.5 months and she is slowly getting improving but she's still very vocal in her needs and demands. I googled endlessly , went to see hv and dr loads and there's nothing wrong with her, it's just who she is. I hope things improve for you soon. I've heard that things get much better once they start walking.

TheJourney22 Sat 13-Sep-14 20:31:34

Thank you! smile I too have been to Dr, HV etc and they all say the same, nothing wrong.

Just high needs babies!

Let's hope it means they are top toddlers!! smile) smile

Chickz Sun 14-Sep-14 19:13:01

Has yours always been like this? Mine has and I'm still patiently waiting for things to get better.

trolleycoin Mon 15-Sep-14 10:16:54

You have my sympathy. We had one of these. The constant whining was like some kind of torture. Definitely a high maintenance, low tolerance kid. I refused to take him to the toilet with me though, just no way. I'd put the extractor fan on to drown out the noise smile

Then all of a sudden, once he could do more for himself at about 12 months e.g. chose a toy, get about, communicate, he stopped being a grump. It was amazing. I honestly think he just didn't like being a baby. He became a delightful little chap.

Now he's a threenager..........................

Good luck

TheJourney22 Mon 15-Sep-14 21:07:17

Yep! Been like it from the moment he "popped" out!!

Thank you all, it's reassuring to know, I'm not alone & that the majority sound frustrated at being babies & actually become incredible children grin

Nevercan Mon 15-Sep-14 22:24:49

Have u tried makaton sign language for a few words to see if this helps with the frustration..

Chickz Fri 09-Jan-15 11:46:59

I know this is an old thread but are things better journey?

moomin35 Fri 09-Jan-15 21:10:30

Aw journey hope things are better now, I've had days like these recently, sending you lots of hugs xxx

sacbina Sun 11-Jan-15 00:05:17

mines now 2.5 and still a screamer and a whingebag. like it from birth. you learn to recognise true pain/distress from general moaning pretty quickly!

slightlyconfused85 Sun 11-Jan-15 07:31:24

I had one of these. A real clinger as well wouldn't go to anyone else ever. You'll be pleased to know at 2.2 she's much cheerier. She whines in the morning until she is breakfasted and dressed then she cheers up and is actually very smily and fun. She's now quite happy for me to leave her with others, in fact she cheerily shouts goodbye and slams the door for me. Keep doing what you're doing they all get better at some point

ruth4321 Sun 11-Jan-15 13:54:56

My DS was like this till he started walking and he became more independent. He now plays away nicely by himself while I do things and very rarely follows me into the toilet. He's 17 months now and although very strong willed and cheeky he's a lovely little boy. Hopefully things will improve for you soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now