Talk

Advanced search

Pre teen penis size (sorry if wrong topic)

(12 Posts)
Username5678 Wed 02-Apr-14 19:24:41

NC as have a few friends on here and want to protect my sons privacy.

I am concerned about the size of my sons penis, I really don't want this to come across as odd or obsessive. I just need to know if I should go to the GP with him or not. Please no unhelpful messages.

DS is 10. I stopped drying him after his bath at around 5 years old so have been unaware of this until now.

A few months ago I walked in on him as he was getting out of the bath and happened to notice his penis. It is very small. About the size of a baby's penis.

I mentioned it to DH and he said that it was normal and would grow at puberty.

The other thing, a few weeks ago we were laughing about something, can't remember what, and DS made a joke about his penis being really small, he got a bit serious but quickly changed the subject. I asked him if he wanted to talk about it and he said no he was only messing around.

This morning I walked out of my bedroom and DS was having a wee, I could see his penis and again it looks really small. It's been on my mind all day, I don't want him to suffer over the size of it.

Now, I have two younger sons and both of them have much larger penises (peni?).

My question. Am I worrying about nothing, or should I go to the GP. I don't want to embarrass him as he would need to show the GP.

Hope this doesn't come across as weird, I never thought that I'd be worried about this, but here I am.

DownstairsMixUp Wed 02-Apr-14 19:29:00

To be honest, boys do develop completely differently, even siblings can have a huge difference. Boys tend to develop later than girls to and often with boys you notice a lot seems to happen at once rather than gradual to so personally, I wouldn't worry, BUT, there is absolutely no harm in trying to talk to him and going to the GP if it puts your mind at rest, no harm in it if it makes you feel better.

Username5678 Wed 02-Apr-14 20:17:59

Thanks Downstairs.

It just looks so out of proportion with the rest of his body.

I think I will speak to him tomorrow and make a GP appointment just to put my mind at rest, and obviously to also make him hopefully feel that it is normal.

DownstairsMixUp Wed 02-Apr-14 20:29:22

Yes defintely! It's best to get things checked out if they are worrying you. Different story but every so often one of my DS bits looked a LOT smaller than the other one and used to shrink up a bit, his dad said it was fine and I was a worrier but I took him to GP for peace of mind, turned out he had a hernia! Only a small op to sort it out but just shows always best to get it checked if your worrying smile Hope you get it sorted!

PirateJones Wed 02-Apr-14 20:32:33

Look up "micro penis" if your sons is like that, visit your GP, if it's not, then don't worry.

PirateJones Wed 02-Apr-14 20:32:59

That's a real medical thing by the way, not a joke post.

TheOriginalNutcracker Wed 02-Apr-14 20:34:01

Ds is 11 and also seems to have a small penis. I don't have anhy other ds's, so no idea what it should look like.

He hasn't gone through puberty yet.

Someone linked to a chart once that explains penis size at different ages. I will see if I can find it. I think when I looked at it I decided that ds's wasn't as much of a problem as i thought.

TheOriginalNutcracker Wed 02-Apr-14 20:41:51

Tanner scale

Username5678 Wed 02-Apr-14 21:04:19

I had looked up micro penis before posting as had done some googling. I don't think he has that as he presented normal at birth and certainly nothing out of the ordinary when I dried him after his bath when younger.

Tanner scale is helpful thanks Nuts. I'd say Tanner I, but that suggests age up to 9, he is 10 almost 11.

He is very tall for his age so it does look completely out of proportion, perhaps that is why? He is 5'3.

Kormachameleon Wed 02-Apr-14 21:11:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheOriginalNutcracker Wed 02-Apr-14 21:37:45

My ds is overweight, so I think thats making his penis look smaller than it is. Unfortunatly he has to take migraine medication that is also an appetite enhancer.

AmyMorris4974260 Thu 03-Apr-14 04:54:47

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now