Talk

Advanced search

Toddler and newborn sleep conundrum. Help!

(1 Post)
notadoctor Tue 01-Apr-14 18:06:07

My DD (2.5) has never been a good sleeper. The solution we finally found was to put a double bed in her own room. She goes to bed on her own absolutely fine (at around 7:30pm) but usually wakes by around midnight. Pre double bed it'd then take multiple visits to resettle her and she'd wake several more times before getting up at 7am. Now, when she wakes I just go into her room and she'll sleep through find with me. It wouldn't be for everyone but it has been a life saver for us. We did try to break this habit when I was pregnant and get her to sleep alone or with DH but she would scream until vomiting for me and so we went back to it.

The problem is we have a newborn now! He's only 3 days old and as you'd expect he mainly wants to sleep on someone and is not easy to settle in Moses basket.

Last night I attempted sleeping next to DD with him in basket next to us. It did not go well. I don't mind being sleep deprived myself so much but DD hardly slept and is exhausted today making everything harder work for everyone.

My DH is great and very supportive but I'm breast feeding so there's only so much he can do with newborn and DD is very adamant she wants me not him.

What do I do?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: