Talk

Advanced search

Metatarsus adductus

(1 Post)
tantrumtime Mon 31-Mar-14 20:49:17

DS is 14 months. A few hours after he was born I noticed his feet were quite splayed but thought nothing of it, he crawled at 8 months and had a weird way if dragging his legs behind him.
He started cruising around 9 months and he was 100% toe walking on one of his feet so I went and spoke to HV who referred us to a physio who did a full examination and told me he had metatarsus adductus. She says there is no hip or knee involvement and no tibial torsion so solely his forefoot. It splays so his forefoot is very wide and both feet turn in, not massively noticeably but it's almost like his big toe is stabilising his whole foot.
We have been referred to orthotics so just waiting for that appointment for their opinion but I just wondered if anyone else had any experience? Apparently it's the worse case she had ever seen on a boy and caused by him being breech until 37 weeks and them overdue (so my bloody fault hmm)

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now