Talk

Advanced search

Am I plotting incorrectly on the chart?

(5 Posts)
purpleminion Mon 31-Mar-14 16:21:46

I have a 5.5 year old dd, I have no concerns about her health or development but something is bugging me.

Whenever I tell people how old she is people say she is tall and some of my friends have commented that she is tall for her age.

BUT she has never been above on 25th centile. I measured her today as 106cm and plotted it on the chart and she seems to be around the 9th.

I'm only 5'2 and her dad is also quite short so I have no expectation of her being tall but why does everyone say she is?

Am I plotting incorrectly?

Thanks

GingerRodgers Mon 31-Mar-14 16:31:58

No, I got her around the 9th centile. Is she slim? She may just look tall if she is.
Also, sometimes people just need to say 'something' and I guess see that as a compliment? Wouldn't worry about it.

Lollypop1983 Mon 31-Mar-14 16:33:41

I got told my son was small for his age...he's on 98 percentile. Some people just need to say something.

purpleminion Mon 31-Mar-14 16:37:23

Yes, she is very slim with long legs. I'm not worried at all but it is a comment I hear a lot. Even the GP I saw with my other recently with my other dc commented that she was tall when she asked her her age.

Maybe she just seems tall when standing next to me grin

brettgirl2 Mon 31-Mar-14 18:00:03

no dd is 5 in a couple of weeks and was 109.2 a couple of weeks ago (nhs measurement so highly precise wink ) She's average-ish. Do you know a lot of small children?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now