Talk

Advanced search

15mo not talking

(8 Posts)
HHH3 Sat 29-Mar-14 18:17:49

DS2 is 15 months and not talking at all - not a single word. He babbles and can make lots of sounds but none of them are words. For instance, he can say 'mum mum mum' but it's not in context - he doesn't do it when he sees me or wants me. He makes no attempt to try to talk or copy things I say.

Should I be worried or am I overreacting?

Ferguson Sat 29-Mar-14 18:53:59

Is he 'on track' for other developmental stages?

Presumably you have had his hearing tested, or you know for certain it is not impaired?

HHH3 Sat 29-Mar-14 19:05:36

I'm not sure tbh. He doesn't walk - he can walk a few steps but doesn't want to do it. He can point to his tummy if asked where his tummy is but no other body parts. We go to baby signing and he can do 4 signs bit even those seem to be reactive rather than using them to ask for something. He seems to understand some things but not an awful lot.

Hearing seems fine and I definitely don't have any concerns. He reacts to sounds and can clearly hear.

SimLondon Sat 29-Mar-14 20:09:06

My lo only had one word at 15 months and she was fine, the average age for a child to walk is 14 months - and some are sooner and some are later.

bonzo77 Sat 29-Mar-14 20:27:38

Same as my DS2. Who is not even cruising. And is nearer 16 months, and several months behind DS1 at this age. I'm not really worried, but will prob go to the gp if he's not walking at 2 (I didn't walk till then).

DoItTooJulia Sat 29-Mar-14 20:32:00

Sometimes they have a huge developmental leap and it all seems to come at once.

My ds is 17 mo and still not talking...I'm waiting for the flood gates to be opened!

See you GP/hv if you are worried, they never ever mind seeing a concerned parent.

AwfulMaureen Sat 29-Mar-14 22:19:49

Reacting to sounds and hearing clearly aren't that easy to judge in children this young and in your shoes I would be making an appointment to get his ears checked. Sometimes it's not hearing so much but hearing different pitches which can be an issue.

Emubaby Sat 29-Mar-14 22:26:33

He sounds fine to me. All babies are different and I'm sure it'll come in time. If you are worried though see your Hv.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now