Talk

Advanced search

omg are toddlers really this unreasonable??!

(7 Posts)
feekerry Fri 28-Mar-14 21:57:31

dd is just 2yrs. she is like a mini dictator.... everything is a drama, everything is accompanied by tears or screeching. everything is wrong in her eyes even tho she demanded whatever it is!
i am the most laid back person ever but my god they are hard work!
asks for an apple, give her an apple..... nooooooooo mummy i want banana.
god when does it pass??! also have 7 wk old ds so this toddler thing is tough!

HeartShapedStone Fri 28-Mar-14 22:07:57

No, it's the parents who are totally unreasonable wink.

You are certainly not alone...

You are not alone. Ds 'i want shreddies' I pour shreddies 'no no no mummy, not shreddies' confused repeat x 1000 aaarrggh!

clabsyqueen Fri 28-Mar-14 22:45:49

I hear you. My second child s born when my first just turned 2.
The joys.
I'm now 7 months down the line and it I'm sorry to tell you it only gets worse as they get more articulate.
Dry my tears mummy....I'm full of snot mummy...my snot is sticky mummy. Arggghhh

chattychattyboomba Fri 28-Mar-14 22:57:00

I was where you are about a year ago too. DD is now nearly 3 and is mostly a lot easier...that being said we had a situation the other day which might sound familiar.
DD asked for Apple.
Gave her apple.
She took a few bites then announced she was putting it in the 'brum' (the bin)
I corrected brum... Cue argument about what it's called. "No it's a brum mummy, a BRUM a BRUM!!!"
I then said I would have the rest of her apple. It would be a waste to throw in the bin.
She clings onto apple and races to bin.
I meet her there and try to convince her to hand it over. It's like hostage negotiations.
She bursts into tears when I say firmly 'no, do not throw it out, give it to mummy'
She screams.
And screams.
And screams.

So as much as I want to reassure you it will get better, I can say it's less frequent!! But we still have these moments. You have my sympathy thanks

NinjaLeprechaun Fri 28-Mar-14 23:37:19

www.thehonesttoddler.com/ will explain why this is all your fault. wink

MiaowTheCat Sat 29-Mar-14 15:43:07

Mine flipped out the other morning because she couldn't take a telephone call on a plastic egg cup. The egg cup was being totally unreasonable and of course it was all mummy's fault.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now