Talk

Advanced search

Nursing/feeding pillows

(6 Posts)
moomin35 Fri 28-Mar-14 10:29:23

Has anyone tried the doughnut shaped nursing pillows either to help aid feeding or for baby to sit against? Are they and good?

ShadowFall Fri 28-Mar-14 11:17:07

I use a pillow like that when breastfeeding DS2 (now 6 months) at home, and I really like it - particularly when he was tiny I found it made getting him into a good position for feeding a lot easier.

It's not so good for him to sit against though. When I've tried that he tends to wiggle or arch his back and slide down it.

eagle2010 Fri 28-Mar-14 13:06:39

I used the half moon shaped pillow for breast feeding DS for the first while due to tummy pain from C section. It was a real help to me, particularly at night.

Also used it for a few months for propping him up and helping with tummy time (which he hates!) . Now though (6 mo) he kind of wriggles down out of it so it's served its purpose.

Got it in mothercare, think it's called a widgey pillow.

moomin35 Fri 28-Mar-14 18:25:48

Yeh the one I've got is from John Lewis called a Widgey doughnut pillow! :-) I like the look of them so hope it works out!

eagle2010 Fri 28-Mar-14 21:50:46

It's good for balancing a plate of cake on it while feeding too smile

moomin35 Sat 29-Mar-14 08:19:41

Haha eagle!! I shall give it a go! ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now