Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

High maintenance and strong willed 1 year old. Is this normal?

(6 Posts)
NessaWH123 Thu 27-Mar-14 22:18:48

SInce my little one has been born he has been very high maintenance. He cried alot, wasnt happy or settled, bored easily, not easily entertained, always on the go etc... he is now 1 and i thought things would be easier but he is still like jekyll and hyde with extreme happy or miserable days. We have no middle ground. He has had his 1 year jabs 2 weeks ago and is really clingy, whingy, crying alot and tantruming about everything at the moment. Is this normal? When he was younger he had silent reflux but that has now passed. He has no patience and often creates when we are out and about. I try to distract or ignore the behaviour but it is very wearing. I have not long gone back to work and when i pick him up from the childminder is spends the rest of the night before bed miserable, crying and creating. I wish he would be happy. Are some babies just like this?!! He learnt to crawl a month ago but still dosent seem happy with that and i hoped that would be a turning point?!! Any advise thanksx

JeanSeberg Fri 28-Mar-14 05:59:34

How is he at the childminder's?

TheGreatHunt Fri 28-Mar-14 06:54:32

Are you sure the reflux has passed? Both of nine has silent reflux. I took them off the meds long before 1 but had to manage it by being careful with diet. For example ds had pineapple in his first birthday cake for the first time and ended up in pain over night. When he was 2 he had episodes after eating certain foods.

So bear that possibility in mind. I found it confusing as thought it had stopped but would be reminded otherwise. My nephew has similar and he's 3.

naty1 Fri 28-Mar-14 12:36:01

It seems to help when they start walking so are upright more. But i believe teething can set it off (the molars mine got at 12-13m were awful a lot of crying upsettled wanting to be picked up and a couple of projectile vomiting.)
It seems she doesnt eat as much drinks too much milk and gets sick.
Could he be overtirred from all the stimulation but not sleeping as well there?

NessaWH123 Fri 28-Mar-14 17:31:17

He behaves the same at the childminders but i do think you are right that he doesnt get enough sleep there always. but it is difficult as i have mentioned it a number of times. Even today though he has had nearly 3 hours sleep this afternoon and another half hour later in the day. He was great for an hour and the became very tetchy and unsettled, getting upset at everything again without reason...is this normal at that age?
What meds do you have for silent reflux?

NessaWH123 Fri 28-Mar-14 17:34:21

Also what foods are a trigger for silent reflux please? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now