Talk

Advanced search

Leg and bum creases uneven :(

(7 Posts)
Standinginline Thu 27-Mar-14 20:10:58

Health visitor noticed them so I googled and said to check the bum creases which I have and they're also uneven. I'm booked in to see the doctor with her in 2 weeks but now I'm worried sad I'm not usually like this a a parent ,very chilled ,but this has freaked me out a bit.

Reassurance please (if you have any )

Smartiepants79 Thu 27-Mar-14 20:13:04

Not quite sure I understand what they are suggesting is wrong. A problem with her hips? Legs?

Standinginline Thu 27-Mar-14 20:15:59

Ah sorry. Uneven leg creases ,and bum creases on a baby can signify hip dispraxia. She's 8 months and moving around no problem but the creases are noticeable uneven so just worried.

missjulia Thu 27-Mar-14 20:18:39

both of mine have uneven leg creases, both scanned for hip problems, both fine! eldest still has noticeably different creases in legs but walks completely normally. it is something they usually pick up at 6 week check?

MyBedMakesItself Thu 27-Mar-14 20:19:25

DD had uneven creases in her legs, I'd say nearly an inch difference! She was referred for a Doctors appt and then a scan at the local children's hospital. All was absolutely fine though, so Please don't panic.

hollylollypop1 Thu 27-Mar-14 20:21:58

If worse comes to worse and it is hip dysplasia then a lot of cases can be fixed without surgical intervention.

As of posters have said, hip creases don't automatically mean DDH.

Good Luck

Standinginline Thu 27-Mar-14 20:23:06

That's what I thought and she had a check up last week for a hole in a heart (that's fine ) and he checked her hips. He didn't say anything. So maybe just being cautious. She army shuffles around and uses the same leg to push herself around so maybe that caused it (muscles developing more in one leg). Don't know ,just hoping someone has had the same and it's turned out to be ok. Suppose I'm more concerned about the bum crease as it's fairly noticeable sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now