Talk

Advanced search

Crying for daddy at bedtime

(3 Posts)
Roxie85 Sun 23-Mar-14 20:27:55

Hi,
I really want some help. We have a 13 week old baby girl and we have managed to get into a bedtime routine of a bath, a story, a feed and bed. It has meant she now sleeps from 8pm until 2am when she wakes for her next feed. She is breastfed but we try and give her expressed milk in a bottle before bed so that she gets used to a bottle for if I'm not there.
We'll daddy always helps bath her and reads her a story and sometime he does the feed. When he isn't at work she loves playing and interacting with him.
The past 2 nights daddy has done the bedtime routine. Last night we both bathed her and did the story but I went for a bath while he fed her and put her to bed. Tonight he did the bath solo so he knows he can do it if I'm out. Well both nights she has screamed the place down! As soon as I come in to help she stops. It's awful as it makes my husband think that she has a problem with him and I don't know what to do as it's just been the past 2 nights when he has put sher to bed.
It's a proper high pitched scream like she is distressed or in pain not like when she cries to be fed.

Any ideas? I want to be able to go out sometimes knowing that hubby won't be in a mess when I get home with a completely inconsolable baby because she has cried so much as bedtime and hasn't gone to sleep.

pillowaddict Sun 23-Mar-14 20:37:54

Tbh I think the only answer here is don't go in. Let him do it alone a few times, it's the only way he will.build confidence in his own ability to settle her. She will soon settle when he is given the opportunity to do bath, bottle and bedtime without you there. I'm sure it won't take long at all.

Roxie85 Sun 23-Mar-14 20:44:00

How long do I leave it before I go in? Last night she cried for over 10mins before I went in and hubby was so stressed as the screams were so bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now