Talk

Advanced search

2 red patches on toddlers cheeks, impetigo or being ridiculous?

(5 Posts)
Slightlyneuroricnat Sun 23-Mar-14 19:13:58

It doesn't look like the crusty yellow patches I've found on the net as examples of impetigo.
It started about a week before she was diagnosed with scarlet fever and the doctor said it was all part of that however the first doctor we saw diagnosed excema however discounted this as the second doctor picked up on the scarlet fever and said first doc was wrong.
A few weeks after the scarlet fever went these 2 patches came up on the cheeks again but went after a few days of using e45 cream however 2 months on now she has a bit of a cold and these marks are back again, very red, sore and dry to the touch.
I've been using e45 all weekend with no improvement,
Could it possibly be impetigo?
She has her pre school jabs on Tuesday which I'll have to cancel down to the cold anyway so thinking of taking her to the doctors tomorrow but just wondered if anyones kid has the same?

noblegiraffe Sun 23-Mar-14 19:15:27

Impetigo is contagious, spreads, and needs antibiotics. If it goes away by itself instead of going grim and crusty, it's probably not impetigo.

muser31 Sun 23-Mar-14 19:17:22

could be slapped cheek syndrome? im looking up the same thing is my dd has developed a face rash today after feeling ill last week. might take her to doc tomorrow if its still there. good luck finding out what it is i hope its not anything serious

JesusInTheCabbageVan Sun 23-Mar-14 19:18:23

My DS had impetigo, and it was a horrible crusty sore. It seems a bit weird to have it in two separate places at once. Tbh my vote would be excema too, due to cold weather and being a bit run down. Especially if it went with E45 cream.

DS has had excema too, by the way. He is a scabby little thing grin

Slightlyneuroricnat Sun 23-Mar-14 21:10:20

Yeah it's not crusty, it's dry but not crusty or yellow.
Slapped cheek she's had and that's more a rash than patches of dry skin.
I guess excema can flare up when feeling run down?
I've never had or or any family members
Someone else mentioned dermatitis?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now