Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's baby a screamer?

(10 Posts)
Taler Fri 21-Mar-14 09:08:06

My 19 wk old DD is a right screamer! Some people have said "she's just finding her voice" which I do believe to be mostly true but the only reason I can't help wonder if it means something else is because 9 times out of 10 it'll end badly, ie with we getting really ratty and irritable.

I'd be really interested to know if anyone else is/has experienced this an what you think it means.

AimeeDubucqdeRivery Fri 21-Mar-14 14:26:03

My friend's baby was like this and had silent reflux. Might be worth getting your dd checked for this if you haven't already

TheGreatHunt Fri 21-Mar-14 14:27:44

Mine had a screaming phase. Usually meant she was very tired. How are naps? Only a walk in the sling with dummy would send them to sleep.

Taler Fri 21-Mar-14 14:34:03

She is a classic cat napper! Only 20/30 mins at a time!

Is screaming a sign of silent reflux then?

Taler Fri 21-Mar-14 14:36:34

And isn't it a bit odd to develop SR at nearly 5 months? I thought it was something they had at a younger age and grew out of??

TheGreatHunt Fri 21-Mar-14 14:37:52

I reckon she is tired. She might settle down nap wise from 6 months or so. But the best thing for me was using the sling for naps when she got screamy.

Lj8893 Fri 21-Mar-14 14:47:51

My dd has developed a shriek in the last couple of weeks (she's 22weeks on Monday). I think its just her finding her voice as sometimes its a happy excitable shriek and aometimes its a angry shriek.

islingtongirl Fri 21-Mar-14 15:59:44

My DD is almost 7m and has developed a really shrieky screaming cry over the past month...I don't think its SR, as you say it seems a little late if no symptoms earlier. Unless you have perhaps started weaning already? I am really hoping she will grow out of it as it is ear piercing but someone told me not until she is able to talk! confused Lets hope not!

HumphreyCobbler Fri 21-Mar-14 16:02:26

My 6month old DS has started a really high pitched scream. It usually happens when he wants to be picked up and no one is obliging at that precise moment.

It works, I cannot bear the sound. It is SO high pitched.

Taler Fri 21-Mar-14 17:32:45

I wish there were a reason she did it, ie to be picked up but alas not. Have tried to see if there are any patterns but she does it at various times. And yes hers is also ear piercing ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now