Talk

Advanced search

Late talking toddler - experience of EFA supplements??

(5 Posts)
londonmummy77 Wed 19-Mar-14 21:29:56

My DS is 34 months and a significant expressive language delay. Autism and hearing difficulties have been rules out so he is either just an unexplained late talker or he is verbal dyspraxia. I don't have any diagnosis yet (as the Speech therapist has advised that he is too young to confirm) but I suspect it is verbal dyspraxia. I have been reading about EFA supplements and some of the stories are incredible! I have ordered ProEFA from Nordic Naturals but they say that they should only be given from 5+. Have any of you used these supplements on younger children? Are the results really as amazing as people say? I am not normally into supplements, particularly for children, but I am so desperate to help my DS speak, I am willing to try anything!
Any advice would be appreciated.

Forgettable Wed 19-Mar-14 22:48:29

Londonmummy I have no experience so am bumping for the late night crew for you.

eastendfareast Wed 19-Mar-14 23:08:26

I use Nordic naturals for my son who has an expressive language delay. We give 2 pro efa and 1 pro EPA each day and have since he was 2.5. It really helps and we noticed a jump straight away. Start with 1 efa add another and then add an EPA but build it up gradually. We also use a food supplement called Nutriiveda original which has tremendous benefits and we have used it now for 2.5 years - it helps speech and behaviour, is a food based supplement full of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. I will post the link for you to read more about it. My son is now 6 and we have had worked really hard on both diet and therapy and his speech is almost normal. He's also gluten and dairy free which has helped. Let me find there link for the Nutriiveda for you...

eastendfareast Wed 19-Mar-14 23:10:20

Info on Nutriiveda:http://pursuitofresearch.org/

I'm in no way associated with the organisation, am just recommending if as a parent. PM if you have any questions.

Jellyandjam Thu 20-Mar-14 09:42:24

Hi. My son is 5 and has a severe articulation disorder. I was also reading about these supplements and yo be honest have never been one for believing in anything like that but had got to a point where I was willing to try anything to help him. So about 6 weeks ago we started giving them to him, I had to order the Nordic naturals so started with some well kid ones I got from boots (disclaimer - he also has weekly private speech therapy). Well I do not know if it's a coincidence, due the therapy (although we've been having private sessions since sept), the work we do at home or just everything coming together but he has definitely made a marked improvement recently. He has started using sounds that we had nit worked in in speech therapy. The therapist did a re assessment on him last week and was amazed at his progress.
Like I say this could all just be a coincidence as he weeks very hard with therapy too but I am going to stick with if just in case!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now