Talk

Advanced search

devolpment delay

(5 Posts)
Kerrie34 Fri 14-Mar-14 14:14:44

hi my lo is 7months & 2weeks. not rolling grasping reaching out for things or sitting showing no signs of doing anything soon. very bad head lag still. tends to lean to one side we are under care of child development but things are moving very slowly. waiting on genetics tests to come back. have been referred to or & physio. just wondering if anyone can shed any light or possible outcome to expect so worried sad

Kerrie34 Fri 14-Mar-14 14:17:59

sorry ot & was born 2 weeks early x

ButterflyInReverse Fri 14-Mar-14 14:25:42

Hi Kerrie, sorry to hear this and that you are so worried. Does he pick up toys at all? Or do other things like babbling? I know nothing about what constitutes a delay sorry.
My 9 month old doesn't roll (absolutely no interest in moving) and can't sit unsupported at all, we are outside the uk and while they are keeping an eye on him we haven't been referred anywhere yet. The HV was saying he might be developing other skills at the moment, for example he 'chats' loads.
Have to admit I am still worried though as at the same age his sister was crawling everywhere and his cousin has a genetic condition that affects development.

Hope you get some answers soon x

Kerrie34 Fri 14-Mar-14 14:45:17

hi won't reach for anything doesn't babble but makes sounds like mum it it. can't control head so can't sit. during tummy time doesn't move just lies with head to the side

Kerrie34 Fri 14-Mar-14 14:48:02

hope you also get answers. its quite frustrating knowing they aren't devolping and not getting the answers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now