Talk

Advanced search

Hiding my underwear

(10 Posts)
GeorgesMummy1 Fri 14-Mar-14 11:43:04

Hi all, I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem but last night I found out that my four year old boy has been taking and hiding my under wear. We have had a few behavioural problems with him in the last few weeks (getting very angry for trivial reasons) I have asked for help with it at school and he is starting an 'anger management class' as he has hit and even spat at other children. We have started a reward chart which seemed to help and I also can see the signs of when he is getting angry so diversion seems best! When I saw what he was doing he got really upset so he obviously knew it was wrong, I didn't get angry, just asked him why and he couldn't tell me, is this normal? I am worried that there is something else going on I don't know about but I can't think what it would be so naturally I am assuming the worst. Any feedback would be great fully received.

BumpyGrindy Fri 14-Mar-14 21:19:03

How odd....have you spoken to him about it? Hiding things is usually an attention grabbing activity...do you have a lot of nice underwear? He may just think "These are some of Mummy's favourite things..." and stow them for attention. My niece used to hide the remote control at this age...and then watch the entire house as they searched for hours!

It's not only attention but control...have there been any changes recently in his life?

GeorgesMummy1 Sat 15-Mar-14 05:57:40

No, the underwear isn't the 'good stuff' and I can't think of anything that has changed. I have contacted a counsellor about it and waiting for a reply but I am not sure if it's a good idea? I have tried to talk to him (calmly) about it and he just says he doesn't know.

GemmaPomPom Sat 15-Mar-14 06:01:39

He is very young. Small children do odd things. I really wouldn't worry too much.

Out of interest, what do you mean by "the worst"?

GeorgesMummy1 Sat 15-Mar-14 06:12:26

That's what his dad says, "its a bit odd but he doesn't know what he's doing"

I think when thinking about 'the worst' I mean if someone has hurt him and he isn't telling me. Am I just being paranoid and should I do what his dad said and ignore it?

GemmaPomPom Sat 15-Mar-14 07:07:33

He just sounds like a bit of a handful. I have one of those, he is older now, but still quite naughty. When he was small he used to spit, headbutt and all sorts of stuff. But he grew out of most of it. As will your DS, I am sure.

GeorgesMummy1 Sat 15-Mar-14 07:14:34

He has been a really good child though, no terrible twos or angry 3's. It's what makes me think there is something else?????

BumpyGrindy Sat 15-Mar-14 08:05:25

Have there been any situations where he has been vulnerable to harm? Have there been any changes in his life?

GeorgesMummy1 Sat 15-Mar-14 08:42:51

No, nothing I can think of? Any suggestions of how I can get some sort of answer before I go crazy??

GeorgesMummy1 Sat 15-Mar-14 08:48:15

He was at the child minders at half term a few weeks ago? I have spoken to her and she said he was good as always BUT I am worried as she has often failed to see things wrong with other children now I have spoken to other mums. (Fighting etc)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now