Talk

Advanced search

4 year old wont poo unless I take him to toilet..

(8 Posts)
Teensy Thu 13-Mar-14 19:07:14

My 4 year old refuses to go for poo with anyone but me and obviously causing problems at nursery and with childminder. I usually manage it by making sure he goes in the house, but get caught out sometimes. Anyone have any advice? Thanks

TheGreatHunt Thu 13-Mar-14 19:10:00

Ask him why not? My ds is funny about sees with the seat up because it fell on him once. He likes me there for poos and only poos at home. I think his poos are quite messy so prefers dealing with it at home.

TheGreatHunt Thu 13-Mar-14 19:10:09

*wees

Teensy Thu 13-Mar-14 19:59:22

He just says he doesn't want too..

brettgirl2 Fri 14-Mar-14 08:02:48

Surely by 4 he shouldn't need to go for a poo with anyone? confused

TheGreatHunt Fri 14-Mar-14 08:33:09

I would ask him what happens if he goes with someone else. Try and tease it out of him.

DontWannaBeObamasElf Fri 14-Mar-14 09:13:20

Brettgirl, that's obviously why the OP is asking for advice.

Can you do a gradually retreat like in sleep training? Be further away each time until you're put the door etc?

Teensy Fri 14-Mar-14 22:50:37

Thanks all. Yes Brettgirl - the issue is he won't use the Toilet unless I am there. He just poos in his pants if he needs to go when I am not there...Very frustrating! I am going to have a long chat with him tomorrow as I feel he is old enough to understand that it is wrong...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now