Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Growling when eating

(8 Posts)
Babaraella Thu 13-Mar-14 14:41:58

Since I started her on solids at 6 months old, my 15 month old DD has growled when eating. It's the kind if noise you would make if you tried to make a growl noise with your mouth shut.

She only does it when eating.

Someone commented today that she's never heard of a baby growling when eating before. She's a healthcare professional so now I'm a bit worried. Other than not pointing yet and only just learning to wave, she seems very normal in all other ways. Has anyone else come across this before?

Katnisscupcake Thu 13-Mar-14 15:00:41

Our DD used to make noises whenever she ate. It was all about enjoying her food. It could be that your DD is the same, but just making a slightly different noise.

DD didn't seem to realize she was doing it, but only did it when she was enjoying the food...

Nothing wrong with it or her though! smile

MrsDeVere Thu 13-Mar-14 15:05:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Babaraella Thu 13-Mar-14 15:17:51

Thanks smile

I get worried about any comments like that as my other DD has SN (hence seeing lots of healthcare people). It was a speech therapist who said it. I see exactly what you mean mrsdevere, I guess it's more reasurring that she hasn't seen it before!

MrsDeVere Thu 13-Mar-14 15:27:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cigarettesandsmirnoff Thu 13-Mar-14 15:29:38

My dd did it with all the stuff she loved at he moment she is refusing food! just milk angry

Babaraella Thu 13-Mar-14 17:08:07

Thank you, feel much better about it now.

cigarettes my DD (the growling one smile) likes everything APART from milk which has caused me to also post in the weaning topic. They are funny little things aren't they!

DontWannaBeObamasElf Sat 15-Mar-14 10:25:23

My sister is a speech therapist and saw a little boy whose parents were concerned about a noise he made when he ate. It was "mmmmm". He was just enjoying it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now