Talk

Advanced search

9 months old screaming

(7 Posts)
solitudehappiness Thu 13-Mar-14 11:03:59

DD is 9 1/2 months old, and in the last week has starting screaming. When she wants something, is thirsty, wants to get out of her highchair, wants attention etc. She will scream so high pitched, my ears are ringing. Is this normal? My ears are sore, and I don't want it to develop into a habit. Its also embarrassing when she does it outside.
How do I stop her, or will this pass?

LadySnapcase Thu 13-Mar-14 11:27:22

Totally normal, DS is 7 months and has just discovered shrieking too hmm It's so painful, especially as he usually does it whilst I'm cooking and the echo in the kitchen just amplifies it! It's just another way of communicating, don't think they really grow out of it until they can talk but am hoping the novelty will wear off soon and the frequency will reduce...

solitudehappiness Thu 13-Mar-14 11:33:33

Tell me about it being painful! OMG! My ears are hurting. DD screams when I cook too. I'm hoping it will pass when she starts talking. Its the cheeky grin that accompanies it too, when I pick her up and just melt lol
Reassuring to know its normal, thanks LadySnapcase

LadySnapcase Thu 13-Mar-14 11:42:35

Oh yes, the cheeky grin has been his saviour on many occasions! Am currently using it as an excuse not to cook anything more complex than a ready meal unless DH is around to provide entertainment...

solitudehappiness Thu 13-Mar-14 14:38:40

I don't have the luxury of a DH to provide entertainment, but I do have a slow cooker, which has been my saviour ;)

pricklyPea Sat 15-Mar-14 04:59:32

Thank god I'm not the only one. Mine does this and dh keeps saying 'we need to stop this before it gets worse' smile glad to know there are other shriekers out there.

solitudehappiness Sat 15-Mar-14 09:42:18

It's their way of communicating, until they talk. Shame my ears don't understand huh! It really hurts! I'm sure it'll pass soon (HOPES)!!! Lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now