Talk

Advanced search

bribes/confiscation to get your kids to listen?

(4 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Wed 12-Mar-14 21:57:42

And how old are they. If you don't, what do you do?

tinfoilhat Wed 12-Mar-14 22:05:02

Sorry I can't help but I am soooo interested in any replies. I have a 4 yr old and a nearly 3 yr old and for the majority of the time I wonder if I suddenly turn invisible whenever I ask them to do something..... hmm
Feel like such a failure atm...

Fuzzymum1 Wed 12-Mar-14 22:11:38

Generally my 7yo listens well but he has some sensory issues/ASD (no diagnosis yet but we're fairly sure he's somewhere on the spectrum (DH and DS2 have asperger's) and when he melts down not a lot works - before he reaches that point we try and remind him that he needs to 'do good listening and use his words' rather than getting really stressy and that if he doesn't try to calm down and starts being rude then he loses some computer time. He loves to play school and often makes work sheets on the PC to print out, or he'll make a powerpoint to use in a lesson hes planned so losing PC time is something hates.

ZuleikaD Thu 13-Mar-14 09:48:15

It depends what I want them to listen to. Are you talking about things like 'get your shoes on' (for which there is literally no way of getting them to listen and do it) or are you talking about when you're explaining something eg about road safety? It's worth bearing in mind, if the latter, that they're often listening even if they don't appear to be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now