Talk

Advanced search

6 month old weaning & constipation tips

(7 Posts)
Angelina7 Tue 11-Mar-14 18:23:32

I just thought that I'd start this thread because I finally found something that works, instantly for my constipated 6 month old & wanted to spread the tip - dragon fruit, I mashed 1/4 of a dragon fruit with her normal banana breakfast & it 'worked' the same day, amazing :-) very relieved as is she :-)

Jaffakake Tue 11-Mar-14 18:31:04

I loved the Zella's kitchen pouches with prune in, breakfast ones I think. They worked in 24 hours!

mrsspagbol Tue 11-Mar-14 19:41:14

I swear by pears and/or prune compote - soaked prunes whizzed up in the blender. The prunes are fail proof grin

TheGreatHunt Tue 11-Mar-14 19:44:28

Maybe cut down on the banana - bananas are constipating. Same with bread!

Angelina7 Wed 12-Mar-14 00:20:08

Yes that Ella's kitchen one with prunes in I thanked the earth for when I first started weaning :-) but so far the dragon fruit has proved the speediest with my little one & I was literally at the end of my tether with what she had to go through just to poop!

lolalotta Wed 12-Mar-14 06:20:50

What on earth is dragon fruit? I have NEVER heard of it? shock

ZuleikaD Thu 13-Mar-14 09:51:57

Yes, I'd cut out the bananas if constipation's a problem. Orange juice, diluted slightly, works very well, same with apple juice or apple puree. Definitely lose the banana.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now