Talk

Advanced search

Dd gone off her food and just wants milk . Help!

(6 Posts)
Cigarettesandsmirnoff Tue 11-Mar-14 15:21:43

Dd 10 months has really gone of her food and is basically just guzzling milk. She used to eat anything and her sleep was good too.

She would have porridge for breakfast, finger food for dinner and what ever we were having for evening meal.

Now she will only eat. don't judge me

Watsits
Cheese
Blueberries
Cheese sarnies
Yogurt

I've tried loads of stuff, lots of finger foods, mashed up foods. She hates me feeding her so I try let her do it her self.

I think it's effecting her sleeping as she is now waking up again for a bottle/ being unsettled through night. She was basically having two naps during day and eating every four hours. Her daytime napping has gone crap as well .

She is on 98 centile for height and weight.

Today she has just eaten a few berries , some watsits and a block of cheese. Not good I know sad

Any suggestions, magic cures..

pizzachickenhotforyou Tue 11-Mar-14 15:25:54

Could it be her teeth? I know my daughter has gone through stages of only wanting milk during teething. Maybe it's that these foods are easier to eat during this teething stage?
Keep offering fruit and veg and other foods you're eating even if she refuses them as you don't want them to become unusual to her.
I already hide foods in other food and my daughters not one yet- carrot and courgette in mashed potato, beetroot in muffins etc.
Her diet isn't that bad. Wotsits are the worse. If you're worried don't offer her them just rice cakes?

Cigarettesandsmirnoff Tue 11-Mar-14 15:30:57

Rice cakes are a good idea!

Today I hid cauliflower and broccoli in cheesy mash - she just stuck her finger in it and turned her face!

I think she maybe teething as she is rubbing her mouth and have cold like symptoms.

Fed up of wasting food!

mrsspagbol Tue 11-Mar-14 19:43:14

The food waste with weaning is KILLING me - I literally die inside at the half bowls of porridge / carefully mashed veg. It makes me sad

pizzachickenhotforyou Wed 12-Mar-14 08:05:19

The waste is really irritating! You buy them decent food that's not cheap and it gets squashed into the table cloth and chucked on the floor. I doubt there's anything that can be done about it unless you have a dog though!

ZuleikaD Wed 12-Mar-14 14:23:50

She may be teething or coming down with something.

TBH, though, I wouldn't feed Wotsits to a baby eating that little solid stuff. You don't want to waste calorie-input on junk. I agree that otherwise her diet's actually not too bad - dairy, protein, fruit and carbs. Veg aren't important at this stage.

Agree - I hate weaning. Now on third DC I don't prepare anything special - he gets a tablespoon of whatever I'm having.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now