Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any pediatric physios

(16 Posts)
Bedsheets4knickers Mon 10-Mar-14 23:26:21

Sorry for the spelling. If anyone is one. Can I pick your brains my 16 month old can not put her feet to the floor. She's isn't standing unaided let alone walking and is getting more miserable by the day (infact we all are )
Wouldn't mind a chat.confused

Bedsheets4knickers Mon 10-Mar-14 23:35:26

Sorry that was worded wrong. She stands on her tip toes all the time.

Geneticsbunny Tue 11-Mar-14 09:24:56

I am not a Physio but my DS had some mobility problems when younger and didn't walk till 18 months. Have you asked your health visitor or gp for a referral to Physio?

Bedsheets4knickers Tue 11-Mar-14 12:57:24

Yes we are 5 weeks into an 18 week waiting list to be seen :-(

bigwellylittlewelly Tue 11-Mar-14 13:09:32

Ring up and ask for a cancellation, you may be seen much faster albeit at very short notice

Nads12 Tue 11-Mar-14 21:53:04

Hi, Physio here!! Is your little girl crawling yet? It's difficult without assessing but we advice lots of floor playing and any weight bearing through the legs even in a sitting position!! 16 months is still very young but I would def ring for cancelation xx

SimLondon Tue 11-Mar-14 22:27:34

I think you need to be on the phone to them for a cancellation as well - the community paed physio's are great but it sounds like they are busy in your area, so perhaps go back to your GP and HV and be pro-active.

Or - potentially pay for a private consultation initially and then get referred back to the nhs.

Bedsheets4knickers Wed 12-Mar-14 18:18:32

Hi, had some success today got a cancelation for tomorrow . We have been going to private physio although not pediatric. The appt tomorrow is also with a non-ped physio but after consultation they might transfer her nxt appt to pediatric. Doctor has sent a letter to main hosp for her to get X-rays he thinks she may need surgery (shave the tendons )??? Hope it doesn't come to that.

Bedsheets4knickers Wed 12-Mar-14 18:20:52

Nads12 yes she is crawling she's very mobile on her knees. She can not put her feet flat to the floor she's on her toes when standing. Gentle pressure to push her feet flat seems to cause her discomfort x

Nads12 Wed 12-Mar-14 22:26:07

Has the private Physio given you lots of stretches to do regularly at home?? Or adviced any orthotics for her shoes!! Surgery would always be a last resort they can do injections first but they need to find out why the tendons are so tight first!! Sorry it's hard to say best treatment without looking at your LO xxxx

Bedsheets4knickers Thu 13-Mar-14 07:58:47

Yep we have exercises. I struggle to do them for the recommended time each day. She's very aware of all the fuss being made over her feet at the moment and goes into meltdown mode pretty soon into the 1st stretch . No shoes recommended yet. He has said keep her shoes on most if the day. Thing is they are Clarks cruisers very soft . I didn't want to buy any sturdier ones incase I'm causing more harm to her x

Bedsheets4knickers Thu 13-Mar-14 13:22:43

Agh, she's going into leg casts :-( :-(

SpottyTeacakes Thu 13-Mar-14 13:29:15

Dd had leg casts whilst I was in hospital having ds in SCBU for two weeks shock it was fine though and she could walk on the casts (I know your dd isn't walking yet). She wore track suit bottoms as it was winter but it's fine.

They changed them weekly and showed us how to remove them the night before so that she could have a bath smile

Bedsheets4knickers Thu 13-Mar-14 13:33:10

Oh I didn't know we could remove them at night. I pray we get those ones. They didn't say what sort of casts x

SpottyTeacakes Thu 13-Mar-14 13:39:05

They're ones you can cut with scissors as they don't like to use more solid ones on littlies as the saw scares them. They look like a solid cast though if that makes sense?!

Bedsheets4knickers Thu 13-Mar-14 17:54:43

Oh I see I read it wrong , so it's a once a week bath. She's going to be filthy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now