Talk

Advanced search

Baby crying because he can't crawl???

(9 Posts)
cherrylola Wed 05-Mar-14 17:39:17

My LO is 8.5 months, can shuffle about on his tummy and move around that way but every day for the last 2 weeks he has got really upset, seemingly because he can't get where he wants to quick enough. Anyone else had this experience?
Until now he had been a really smiley happy baby but now he is miserable and I can't figure out why sad. The crawling is the only thing I can think of because if I pick him up he stops crying but instantly wants to get down again but gets upset if I put him back down!!

bonzo77 Wed 05-Mar-14 17:46:15

Yes. I had this with DS2, who didn't crawl till about 13 months. He was much happier once he crawled. It was an annoying and very long phase. But it did pass. Luckily I had DS1 to help him out by bringing him things, and dragging him to where he wanted to go(!). I can't really rember what I did about it, if anything. Maybe leave toys close to him? I seem to remember that cuddles only made him crosser still!

cherrylola Wed 05-Mar-14 19:47:58

Oh gosh, I'm not sure I can deal with these moods for months. I hope he figures it out soon!

YouHaveBeenOutbid Wed 05-Mar-14 19:50:49

We got this too. It always happens just before a big development leap i.e. just before crawling, then walking and again recently just before his speech really picked up. Hang in there!

MoreSkyThanWeNeed Wed 05-Mar-14 19:54:15

My DS is exactly the same right now - I know he'll be so happy when he can crawl, but he just lies there paddling his arms and legs (while I laugh).
I hope I don't have 5 months of this though, it's wearing thin already.....!

MisForMumNotMaid Wed 05-Mar-14 20:04:02

We had something along the lines of this for DS2 and DD. I feel it helped them feel a little more mobile.

bonzo77 Wed 05-Mar-14 20:14:47

Yes, we had one of those too, we called it the "ring of neglect". DS2 spent a lot if time in it, and also the jumperoo (noisy but hilarious for all of us). They're £££ but I got a used one for £20.

cherrylola Wed 05-Mar-14 23:18:27

Yes! We have a jumparoo (was an Xmas present from grandparents luckily) and it is a total life saver! I keep it in the kitchen as it means I can actually get time to cook a meal, but I can't lug it around the house very easily, shame I don't have one in every room wink.
The thought of 5 months of a perpetually fractious baby will give me nightmares!

MiaowTheCat Thu 06-Mar-14 07:17:30

Hate to break it to you but DD2 went through this when she wanted to sit, when she wanted to crawl, when she wanted to stand up, when she wanted to cruise...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now