Talk

Advanced search

3yo hardly listening to anything!

(6 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Tue 04-Mar-14 14:23:36

Is it just selective? The age? I'm not sure.

It's little things like "can you please not peel the stickers off my new shoes" - asked three times and higher tone before listened.

Can you please not wake your younger siblings whilst they nap. Tries to countless times. And I end up telling her off.

Hey let's do some tidy up time - nout. I then end up shouting as im the mess has gotten ridiculous ( all before the school run)

Her younger sister does the same but she's only 22m. So a different age all in all.

I sometimes expect so much from dd1. But sometimes I think she does know the difference in some things

Bumbershoot Tue 04-Mar-14 14:34:53

Argh we have this! Drives me totally up the wall. Nothing constructive to say but you're not on your own!

EatDessertFirst Tue 04-Mar-14 15:58:03

I have a 'threenager' as well. DS always has to be asked multiple times to do something especially shoes etc for the school run.

I don't think he has a hearing problem as he can hear a crisp packet being opened from 100 yards away!

No advice here either (sorry!) but you are definately not alone. Hopefully, this too shall pass......

TerrariaMum Tue 04-Mar-14 16:02:04

No advice, OP,but you have just made me feel so much better knowing I am not alone.

AryaOfHouseSnark Tue 04-Mar-14 16:02:07

My Dts are 3, they must be able to hear me because they just do the opposite of what I say.
Is it just a phase ? My Mum tells me they will start listening when they move out. hmm

littleraysofsunshine Wed 12-Mar-14 16:26:51

She's been having these horrible emotional outburst. Just the past two weeks especially.

Today I've done nothing but shout. And she's just drawn on her bed and carpet.

And I've. You guess it. Shouted. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now