Talk

Advanced search

16 month nap

(6 Posts)
slightlyconfused85 Mon 03-Mar-14 14:38:09

What time do people put their LOs of roughly this age down for their nap? I'm putting my DD down just before 1pm, but she is sleeping for ages, and I'm having to wake her at 3pm and she still doesn't want to get up and is grumpy because I've woken her. She still settles for bed, but is she not waking up naturally because it's too late in the day? Wonder if she's too tired - if I leave her she would sleep till 4.30/5! She's not too keen on going for her nap much before this though...it can end up a battle.

minipie Mon 03-Mar-14 15:08:21

DD is 16 months ... her nap depends on what we do in the day, for example if she's in the buggy at about 11-11.30 and we have a long ish walk then she'll usually sleep then, whereas if we are home in the morning she doesn't sleep till after lunch. Usually pretty knackered by 12.45/1pm though. Either way she sleeps for max 1.5 hours.

She is not a fan of sleep though... only sleeps for 10/10.5 hours at night <sigh> which is why she is tired already by 11.30 and also why she only sleeps for 1.5 hours.

How is your LO's night sleep? If she sleeps well at night with what you are doing then I would carry on...

slightlyconfused85 Mon 03-Mar-14 16:27:06

She sleeps fine at night usually, 7 till about 6.30 sometimes a bit earlier by 20 mins or so. I dream of 7am! Ocqssio.ally she throws in a 5.30, yuck.

minipie Mon 03-Mar-14 16:30:28

Well tbh in that case I would carry on doing what you're doing and just put up with a bit of grumpiness on waking her... If she sleeps 11.5 hours at night she may well not be tired till 1pm.

jumperooo Mon 03-Mar-14 16:40:41

DD has just turned 17 months, she usually sleeps around 12.15/12.30 at home after her lunch for up to two hours. Yesterday and today it was 2.5 hours. She is in bed by 7pm and usually sleeps until about 6/6.30am.If we don't get her home for lunch by about 11.30am she will fall asleep in buggy or car seat

slightlyconfused85 Mon 03-Mar-14 17:05:39

Thanks all. I might try and get her down for 12.30 then she can sleep on a bit. Just don't want her asleep past 3 as 7pm is an ideal bedtime for her and us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now