Talk

Advanced search

coping with being ill and looking after toddler

(5 Posts)
charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Mon 03-Mar-14 07:37:20

Hello

wasn't sure where to post and too sick to even think about it! I have gastroenteritis and am on my own looking after my 18 month old. I've only ever been ill when he was a baby but it was okay as he just stayed in his pram and I didn't have to do much

How on earth am I going to cope with a little monkey who is climbing and getting up to mischief?! Every time I move I want to be sick

Any tips? Xx

firstpost Mon 03-Mar-14 08:32:54

hmm Poor you. If money is no object for £20 ish per hour you can
get a nanny from childcare.co.uk. Otherwise it's cbeebies, nest on the floor with toys / books etc and for you water (room temp better than ice cold, little sips) no food for now. Hope it passes quickly.

MyNameIsKenAdams Mon 03-Mar-14 08:34:31

Can anyone take him for a few hours?

Could your OH take some leave?

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Mon 03-Mar-14 10:17:23

Thanks for suggestions I appreciate you replying. Unfortunately oh cant take time off work and we are too skint to afford childcare. Looks like I'll just have to suck it up!

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Mon 03-Mar-14 10:29:25

First post, I have done exactly that! So far he's been really good, happy to play on own. Not sure how long it'll last though he'll be climbing the walls in no time!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now