Talk

Advanced search

Do you Practice Attachment Parenting?

(9 Posts)
atthestrokeoftwelve Sun 02-Mar-14 16:20:06

Seems there is no thread atm, so I'd start one. Any other APers here?

Nellie2477 Sun 02-Mar-14 16:56:26

What is attachment parenting?

Dottymum2 Sun 02-Mar-14 21:18:17

I guess I did although not as a conscious parenting decision and I didn't do baby wearing much at all but did carry them around a lot, we co slept and I breast fed both my girls for around 2 yrs. It has worked well for my family but appreciate everyone has different parenting styles.

AnathemaDevice Mon 03-Mar-14 09:43:02

I try to, but I think I'm a bit too shouty to be a real Earth mother hippy type parent.

All 3 of mine were/are breastfed, carried in a sling, BLWeaned and co-slept. Mainly because I found it the easiest way of doing things.

mawbroon Mon 03-Mar-14 13:46:29

By accident with DS1 because he was tongue tied (undiagnosed at that time) and could not feed well and cried pretty much all the time unless he was latched on. He was a hideous sleeper too and after about 4 nights I took him in bed with me where he stayed for a while several years.

When I was pg with ds2, I decided not to bother with the cot, or trying to put him down much so he lived in the sling for much of the first 6 months and slept in bed with me from day 1.

Nareno Sun 09-Mar-14 20:56:53

Yes! Read all the Sears stuff, bf and co sleep. Feels like the natural way to do it to me, cant imagine not being close to ds while hes so young still, 6 m tomorrow

curlyclaz13 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:02:15

I guess so in that I bf, wear him, co-sleep (of sorts, 3 sides on cot up against the bed) and are doing blw. Not a conscious desision but just what felt right for us. He still feeds a lot over night at nine months so the cot set up at least allows me to stay in bed all night if not getting much sleep !

PoppettyPing Sun 09-Mar-14 21:18:15

Yep, we cosleep with 5.5 mo DD since birth, breastfeeding, cloth nappies, EC, blw, slings, no silly contraptions etc. but not because of any allegiance to a method or anything, mainly because it feels right and is so easy!

elQuintoConyo Sun 09-Mar-14 21:32:28

We still co sleep 2.3yo. Started on day one when no one slept. We currently can't afford a bed for him, so that's not going to change anytime soon.
Ff as tits wouldn't work.
Slinged as much as possible, but also had a pushchair.
Weaned by introducing finger food (I hate the term blw, sounds so superior and quite wanky).
Use disposable nappies.

So, a bit of everything smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now