Talk

Advanced search

Can u recommend the best nasal mucus sucker device?

(16 Posts)
Taler Sat 01-Mar-14 23:56:15

It's so horrible listening to the snuffles of my DD, feel so sorry for her poor thing sad

And lying on her back just makes it so much worse. Wish it was safe for her to be on her back!

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Sun 02-Mar-14 00:01:22

This one. You can get it in Boots, too, I think.

Have you tried making the air in her room a little more moist? Wet towel over the radiator?

Taler Sun 02-Mar-14 00:05:13

Yes doing that every night. Have the head end of the Moses basket raised (for what good that seems to do?!). Thanks for the tip

starfishmummy Sun 02-Mar-14 00:06:48

Gently rub your fingers down the outside of her nose - this sometimes brings out any accumulations of snot!

Taler Sun 02-Mar-14 00:08:12

Thanks for that tip, will defo give that a try

FrumiousBandersnatch Sun 02-Mar-14 22:31:22

Agree with BeardedPotato that that's the best one. Avoid the nuk bulb type, too difficult to control the sucking. I found mine in the baby aisle at sainsburys.

sonlypuppyfat Sun 02-Mar-14 22:36:58

I hope you have a strong stomach but in desperation I have sucked my babies nose...

BornOfFrustration Sun 02-Mar-14 22:52:11

Yes, that boots one, best £9 I spent when DD was a tiny.

RegainingUnconsciousness Sun 02-Mar-14 22:54:51

That saline nose spray always shifted it better than the sucker thing (which also nearly made me hurl).

NitramAtTheKrap Sun 02-Mar-14 22:58:25

Yeah, what puppyfat said. If you are after the best, you need to suck it out yourself with your mouth. Which makes sens, if a little <vom>

NutellaStraightFromTheJar Sun 02-Mar-14 23:01:43

Boots one worked for us too. Until DS developed a severe aversion to it! I now have to guess which nostril is more bunged up because I get one good chance to clear it before he wrestles himself away screeching like a banshee.

GiniCooper Sun 02-Mar-14 23:06:25

Honestly,

I bought three or four promising bulby sucky out things.
Best thing was my own mouth.
Gross, I know. You think you never will but you do.

It worked because I knew when the gunk was gone.

minipie Mon 03-Mar-14 14:29:46

You want the Nosefrida

Tis fab.

Chocolatestain Mon 03-Mar-14 22:01:46

I found the combination of saline spray followed by the mucous sucker thing recommended above really effective. Also a humidifier in the bedroom can help.

Oriunda Tue 04-Mar-14 16:36:36

Not sure how old baby is but you tried Snufflebabe? Vicks for babies.

Skidoo Tue 04-Mar-14 17:04:13

Totally agree with sonlypuppyfat - we had a device, but I hated putting it anywhere near my baby's delicate nose and my own mouth seemed the most sensitive and effective tool to use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now