Talk

Advanced search

DS nearly 3 suddenly really unhappy at nursery

(1 Post)
ElinElin Fri 28-Feb-14 11:25:23

My son started nursery last September when he was 2 years and 4 months. He really struggled to settle in at nursery. The whole Autumn term he cried as soon as anyone mentioned nursery. Cried as soon as he woke up, cried when I dropped him off. He also has asthma and one of the triggers for him is anxiety so he used to start coughing and be sick most mornings. Anyway after Christmas he went back to nursery and he was really happy. Skipped in to nursery with a smile on his face, said 'bye mummy' , ate really well. Then 2 weeks ago it all changed again and he refused to eat at nursery (now he refuses breakfast but has lunch), cries in the morning, gets anxious. This morning when I dropped him he was clining on to my leg crying. The only thing I can think of that might make him feel like this is that his key worker has moved in to a different room so he has a new key worker and one of his friends that he knew before he started nursery has left. What can I or the nursery do to make him comfortable again? It was all going so well and it's like he has taken a massive step back. Any advice would be welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now