Talk

Advanced search

Naughty at nursery...

(8 Posts)
fifi669 Thu 27-Feb-14 21:56:23

DS 3 can be a handful at times. At nursery he's had some incidents of hitting and most recently biting. He doesn't bite at all at home, though he has hit out. He def seems to be worse at nursery though. Any ideas?

BumpyGrindy Thu 27-Feb-14 23:22:19

Ah he's small yet...it's a common phase though not nice. Is his language ok? It can sometimes be through frustration...

fifi669 Sat 01-Mar-14 14:20:47

It's quite good now I think, in the last 6 months he's come on from just rubbish to full conversations.

BumpyGrindy Sat 01-Mar-14 14:22:54

Has he been delayed with it previously?

KateMoose Sat 01-Mar-14 20:12:21

Can you explain how biting hurts people and makes the children and their parents very sad? That kind of thing works with my DD and she is 3. She got bitten on the cheek at nursery about 4 months ago and still has a bright red scar sad, so I understand your need to sort this.

fifi669 Sat 01-Mar-14 23:04:59

He didn't say mummy until 6 months ago. Before that it was really only daddy and car! We're expecting a child in a few months so really need to nip this in the bud.

BumpyGrindy Sat 01-Mar-14 23:19:21

I would ask nursery what they think you could do...working together might help somewhat. It's very hard to work it all out when a child is only 3 but if he still has a delay (possible even though he's made big strides) then he will be struggling with his peers...if their language is more mature, then he will perhaps be feeling frustrated.

I would see the Doctor about getting his ears checked too....glue ear can very easily be missed and is often a reason for a speech delay...it can be sorted out very easily.

naughtylist Sun 02-Mar-14 00:50:51

My child went through an evil streak at nursery. Went on a rampage and scratched 3 children badly on the face on just one session. One parent made a complaint about her. The nursery told me one child was terrified to be around her. I was mortified. Every time we turned our backs, she would purposely injure her younger sibling. But ... It lasted 2 months. She is now 5 and has never been violent since. She's actually incredibly timid and hates rough play. I still don't know what caused it. Apparently, kids go through phases. Maybe yours is just in a phase too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now