Talk

Advanced search

Follow-on from yesterday - playground / friends

(4 Posts)
planestrainsautomobiles Wed 26-Feb-14 10:10:58

Posted yesterday about DS2's boisterous behaviour in the playground, I timed it to perfection this morning and arrived just as they were going in. He ran off immediately and started grabbing his friends' older brother as he was trying to walk into the classroom. I immediately ran over and took him straight out of the playground.

Then, as we reached his pre-school, one boy walked up and said we're not friends I've got xx and xx coming to my house, so DS2 walked up to another child who basically told him to go away, and then walked up to another who just stared at him blankly and didn't say hello. Apparently, yesterday at playgroup DS2 and some of the others were lying on top of one child and made him cried, the mother told me this but DS2 when questioned told me it had happened.

What can I do? I feel like the situation is getting worse, his pre-school have never spoken to me about his behaviour unless I've asked them for feedback. When I have asked them they have said he is like a bull in a china shop and can be disruptive by invading other children's personal space but is not spiteful and very enthusiastic with a good imagination.

When he is in a one-on-one playdate situation, he is absolutely fine and can share (most of the time!) and enjoys playing with his friends. He's always been hard work and very prone to temper tantrums if he doesn't get his own way.

Feeling really rubbish about it all, it leaves me feeling like a crap mother for the whole day and not wanting to go out or use my 'free' time.

ExBrightonBell Wed 26-Feb-14 13:52:16

I don't understand what situation is getting worse? So yesterday some of them fell out and are still mentioning it today. That's normal I would have thought? The pre school staff should be able to make sure that it resolves itself and then it will quickly be forgotten. They'll all be back to usual in no time - there must be so many little upsets on a daily basis and the staff can deal with it.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 26-Feb-14 13:54:23

You don't sound like a crap mother. Haven't got any advice but didn't want you to go unanswered.

Hopefully someone will be along soon...smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 26-Feb-14 13:55:14

Xposted with brighton smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now