Talk

Advanced search

Any tips where to buy co-sleeping/bay style cot at most reasonable price?

(9 Posts)
seashell81 Tue 25-Feb-14 10:34:16

Hi, baby is due in May and i've got my heart set on a co-sleeping bay cot. I've been tracking them on Ebay but they are almost always collection only which is difficult for me as I do not have a car. What's the most reasonable price you've found them online? I'm on a pretty tight budget.

Thank you :-)

MiaowTheCat Tue 25-Feb-14 12:23:04

If the mattress heights match up well - you can get away with using one of the basic small Ikea or Kiddicare ones and attaching that to the bed. I did with both my kids as the mattress heights happened to be exactly the right height (luck not planning). They're like £30 or something as well so it might be worth looking into. I know the Kiddicare one is the space saver cot - Ikea is something like Gulliver but don't quote me on that (it's the one that comes in like green blue pink white)

Aliama Tue 25-Feb-14 12:31:11

Have you considered rental? I think with the ikea one you have to buy the mattress separately, so it doesn't work out that much less really... It's not intended to be attached to the bed either, so could be a safety issue. Rental of the bednest worked out to about £140 ish for 6-7 months, including everything - sheets, pick up and delivery. Plus I won't have yet another item of furniture cluttering up the house when it's no longer in use.

MoreSnowPlease Tue 25-Feb-14 12:32:34

Ikea gulliver

KatAndKit Tue 25-Feb-14 12:35:59

German Amazon. Beistellbett is the german for co sleeper. Then use Google chrome to translate. You can get them at a really reasonable price. Amazon.de is the german site.

seashell81 Tue 25-Feb-14 12:54:11

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
KatAndKit - i'd never have thought of looking on German Amazon!

KatAndKit Tue 25-Feb-14 13:02:39

The one I am probably going to order is called the baby max pro. Made my a company called fabimax if that helps your search.

seashell81 Tue 25-Feb-14 13:07:18

Thanks. Yes i've just been looking at that one. How much is the delivery (only if you have the cost to hand otherwise I can look it up myself :-) Thanks.

KatAndKit Tue 25-Feb-14 13:40:59

As far as I can tell it only appears to be a very bargainous 14 Euros however I might well be totally mistaken. Can buy same product from a site called stubenwagen.de and they definitely say 14 Euros delivery within EU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now