Talk

Advanced search

9 year old daughter needing to wee constantly but can't?!

(8 Posts)
BabyBorn Mon 24-Feb-14 20:03:55

Can anyone shed any light on this? My 9 year old daughter has been needing to wee constantly. I first noticed it at Christmas when she was off school for 2 weeks. I noticed she was disappearing off to the toilet very regularly and trying to hide it from me?? It was considerably worse at night time after she was sent to bed.

I took her to the doctors after Christmas and they tested her urine and said there was a small amount of blood in it which could mean she had an infection so we left with antibiotics and it seemed to get better. I rang for the results of the test and they said the blood that was found in the urine was in the normal range and no infection was found in the urine.

Months down the line and this is still continuing and it's becoming very worrying.

Why is this happening?? She's never been a good drinker but I've been making her drink more. She tells me that she tries to wee but nothing comes out and she says age has no psi with it.

Any ideas??

BabyBorn Mon 24-Feb-14 20:04:50

That was ment to say she doesn't have any pain passing urine and no pain when she tries to wee but can't.

MoreSkyThanWeNeed Mon 24-Feb-14 20:09:40

That's weird - a similar thing happened to me around the same age.
Rather unhelpfully, I can't remember exactly what the outcome was - I think they eventually found a bladder or kidney infection - but I'll ask my mum and will come back to you.
I hope your DD feels better soon.

BabyBorn Mon 24-Feb-14 20:17:52

Thanks for your reply! I should have also mentioned that she doesn't see her real dad, and I am remarried with a 22 month old who is still very clingy to me and had needed a lot of attention. ( I'm still breastfeeding and co sleeping) I was wondering if it was jealousy/ behavioural issues but it's so weird I just don't understand any of it.

BabyBorn Tue 25-Feb-14 20:49:10

I have been to the doctor with dd today and they have agreed to do an ultra sound and blood test.

I don't know anything about this myself but for some reason I put a thread about it some time back in my 'watched' list - I think because DS gets quite anxious and I could see it possibly becoming an issue someday. the lady who started the thread has written this - thought I'd link in case any of it sounds familiar or its something you want to look into. hope you find out what's going on and get her some help soon smile

BabyBorn Wed 26-Feb-14 08:34:58

Thanks a lot nice cup of tea! X

scarletforya Wed 26-Feb-14 08:37:22

It sounds like a kidney infection that hasn't fully cleared up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now