Talk

Advanced search

Baby signing classes

(7 Posts)
AnythingNotEverything Sun 23-Feb-14 22:38:48

I'm sure this has been discussed a hundred times, but has anyone done or is anyone doing Baby Signing classes?

I'm interested but DD is 18 weeks and I wonder if she's a bit young.

Any experiences shared would be gratefully received!

NotCitrus Sun 23-Feb-14 23:01:21

Yes, look up previous threads! They need to sit up really to enjoy classes, but no reason not to teach a few signs like MILK and NAPPY now.

casperthefriendlyghost Wed 26-Feb-14 20:21:52

Did baby signing with all 3 of mine and classes for the younger 2 (not available for the eldest - now 9). As previous poster says you can start at home now and join classes in a few weeks - think they do them from 6 months? My DD effectively did them from birth as was still taking DS2 when she was born - she loved it!
Totally recommend baby signing for everyone and even if it weren't for all the benefits, it is another good way to meet other mums...

rumble1 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:57:16

I did baby signing with both my children as babies but not through classes, i managed to get a baby signing dvd and did the songs with them, i also did signing when out and about, it felt amazing seeing ds ask for more food before he could talk but both children were early talkers, I think it helped. so you could start there or pop in to a class explain your concerns and ask to have the first sesion free to see if it is suitable.

AnythingNotEverything Wed 26-Feb-14 21:32:32

Thanks - I've found a voucher for a free session locally.

I'm excited.

RandomMess Wed 26-Feb-14 21:39:27

ABsolutely brilliant, one of the best things I ever did. Turned out too of mine had hearing issues but that didn't matter too much because they could already "talk"

MrsSpencerReid Wed 26-Feb-14 21:40:38

Love them, DS2 has jut started at 7w!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now