Talk

Advanced search

milestones not reaching

(8 Posts)
amie1979 Sun 23-Feb-14 22:11:00

Plz can you help me my boy is 8 months old hs still not sitting up rolling over standing or crawling he doesnt sleep thru the night can have me up 5x during the night should i be worried that he isnt doing any of these?

mrsbug Sun 23-Feb-14 22:18:45

Have you spoken to your health visitor?

Some of the things you mention are definitely normal for 8 months eg not crawling or standing or sleeping through the night.

amie1979 Sun 23-Feb-14 22:22:51

No as i carnt get in to see her till wednesday he is my 3rd child and ny other 2 girls have by 8months sat up on there own and rolled over but he has no intention of doing any of the above my friends bby is 14 weeks old and she is rolling over

mrsbug Sun 23-Feb-14 23:06:32

They all vary so much in when they do things, I'm sure he's probably fine. But mention it to the HV on Wednesday to be on the safe side.

naty1 Mon 24-Feb-14 10:34:17

Boys are often later

neversleepagain Mon 24-Feb-14 12:59:49

My girls didn't sit up unaided until 9 months and only crawled at 12 months. I wouldn't worry about it but speak to your GP if you are concerned.

MiaowTheCat Mon 24-Feb-14 16:25:37

My youngest didn't roll over till 10 months, didn't commando crawl till 11 months, cruised and stood for ages but didn't walk till 18 months... deemed utterly normal by the HV and she's currently running around the lounge singing choo choo choo like any normal almost-two-year-old now.

Her younger sister didn't sit up unaided until after she'd cracked crawling - because it made her reflux like something out of the exorcist I never pushed the issue much and she got it in her own time!

Indith Mon 24-Feb-14 16:32:50

talk to your health visitor or an early years practitioner. none of us can say online whether or not there is anything to worry about. However all babies are different and there is a broad range of ages for hitting milestones.

I've had one sitting at 5 months and another not sitting unaided until around 9 months. I've had one use rolling as a mode of transport from an early age and another not bother doing it at all, I wouldn't have known he could had I not happened to catch him face down in his cot once.

For your own peace of mind ring your hv team and have a chat or leave a message or pop in to a baby clinic when you next can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now