Talk

Advanced search

Help: teen-on-toddler tongue licking: am I overreacting?

(4 Posts)
GrinningImp Sun 23-Feb-14 18:37:01

The header says it all.
The detail is my 3 year-old tried to lick my tongue (he's a keen licker) and then told me his 12 year-old half-sister does it with him. She denies it, but this is something she did often to her bigger sister until she was 9 and the sister disliked it. I'm also fairly sure I know when my toddler is fibbing.

Am I over-reacting to be concerned by this? It makes me profoundly uneasy (we no longer live with his half-sisters or father).

Thank you!
GI

Davidhasselhoffstoecheese Sun 23-Feb-14 22:45:05

I wouldn't like mine yo do it, although I know it would be perfectly innocent if they did. Can you keep a closer eye on her/him.

GrinningImp Mon 24-Feb-14 10:17:28

Yes, thanks, DHTC, it's the Ewww-factor. An eye is best, but tricky when we're not in the same house. Thanks for replying!

MrsTowMater Mon 24-Feb-14 15:54:13

Hmmm I am a bit torn on this. I know it's not nice and obviously should be discouraged (my guess is that now she's older and been 'found out' she may well stop through embarrassment). But just to reassure you, me and my sister did this kind of thing and practiced kissing with my brother when I was about 8 and he was 11. Seriously he hasn't gone on to be some kind of deviant and nor have I grin .

I would maybe try having a little chat with her about it being inappropriate but try not to blow it out of proportion. It's always uncomfortable for parents to think about their children doing this kind of thing but it really is quite innocent imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now