Talk

Advanced search

Am I being too harsh/unreasonable???

(5 Posts)
Taler Thu 20-Feb-14 07:56:50

My 15 wk old DD has recently started 'playing up' (and of course I use this terms loosely as she is only 15 weeks!) when I put her down for a nap/sleep.

I help her get off to sleep when I see the tired cues by holding and rocking her. Then when she's really relaxed or sometimes alseep I'll put her in her Moses basket.

Recently though as soon as I lay her in the basket she's wide-eyed, kicking happily and smiling right at me.

I know it sounds horrible as of course I melt when my baby smiles at me, but I find it soooooo annoying and frustrating! She is clearly tired as shows all the signs for it leading up to it and will either properly fall asleep in my arms or very nearly. Either way she is obviously a very tired bunny!! And the one thing I always try to avoid is the land of overtiredness cause it aint pretty!!!

As I write this she is in her Moses basket 'talking' away to herself, having been pretty much asleep in my arms but then, typically, as soon as i put her down she wants to play!

I am just leaving her as she seems content enough.

Any one else experience this?

MrsWolowitz Thu 20-Feb-14 07:59:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

beatofthedrum Thu 20-Feb-14 08:03:50

I can't see how this is a problem. What a good baby being happy and smiley when you lay her down. Enjoy the smiles - you've facilitated sleep, you can't 'make' her.

TamerB Thu 20-Feb-14 08:09:22

I can't see the problem! She is happy gurgling along on her own, she probably just wants her own space. The babies that I have known who are the best at self settling are the ones happy to talk to themselves, look at things and then drop off in their own time.

NorthEasterlyGale Thu 20-Feb-14 13:44:26

Think there's a fairly big sleep regression around 4 months old. Was horrendous with DS1. If she just lies happily but awake, count your lucky stars and enjoy the chance to have a cuppa!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now